Well, it's been an odd week. This whole past week we decided to strip and re-finish our entire dojo floor. all 5500 square feet of it! All of the work was done by Sinclair Sensei, his family, and members of the dojo, and it took us nearly a full week of people working day and night to accomplish but it's finally done. For a group of amateurs, most of which have never done this, I'd say we did a pretty good job! Now that we're done with the floor we are moving to general cleanup and other projects around the dojo area. Last night I had my first taste of working with drywall, and we are planning to do some painting and touch-up work as the week rolls on.
With all the dojo work that has been taking place, we haven't had practice. I, personally, haven't had a practice with others for two weeks. Two weeks! It's enough to make me stir-crazy so I'm definitely looking forward to getting back to the dojo tomorrow and not only trying out the new floor but also sharing practice with my kendo mates. But my two weeks was not totally devoid of Kendo action. I did suburi and core exercises at the house, and I also got to participate in a project that my friend was doing for her school project. I think it turned out wonderfully, and in lieu of a "normal" post I am going to share it here for anyone that would like to take a look. Credit goes to Ashley for putting all of this together!